photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

5.07.2013

Why I Started Blogging

I know I have touched base on this a little bit, but this is a link up I just can't pass up!
Plus I figured I could go a little bit more in-depth about it.

Here is a little background story:

-Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

This is my favorite quote of all time. A lot of people think it is depressing, but I think it is beautiful. I remember exactly where I was when I read this part of the book Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. It was my junior year of high school and I was in Oregon with my sister. We were staying with our aunt and uncle. We exchanged nannying our cousins for the plane tickets there and back.  We went to their local library at least once a week and read too many books to remember. For some reason, out of all the books I read, this book and this quote really spoke to me. I don't quite remember what I was going through at that time, but it hit me like a ton of bricks, and I knew that I had to make it my life motto.

One of my Senior pictures. We went to an abandoned warehouse and these were hanging up. So this is me attempting to model with the jellyfish. Come on...it's cool.

Fast forward about three years. I was just starting my first semester of my senior year of college, and I was still trying to live by this quote. I had seen a few friends had started a blog, and I decided it was the perfect way for me to carry my life motto out. This blog is definitely not something I started for other people. I didn't want to advertise it on facebook - I was even a little nervous to tell D about it. I wanted it to be a place for me to reflect on the small things in life and realize that they are so much more important and beautiful than I originally would think. And hey, what better name for my blog than the quote that "started it all"?

So here I am, trying to inhabit my moments, to realize the beauty in simplicity, and possibly even inspire someone else along the way. I hope you are able to do the same.
Start a blog, and if you already have one, start reflecting on the small beautiful things in life that may otherwise go unnoticed. Make a memory jar and read them at the end of the year. Appreciate this life you have been given! It is so much more beautiful than you think.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, keep up the great work! New follower here!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful way of writing. That's why I blog, too. I think so many people do it for the WRONG reasons. Thanks for being a fabulous example!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I started mine for the same reason! I kept one privately for a while but eventually showed Dan... he liked it, so I showed some other people... and now I share it with all! I still write for myself, mainly to capture memories. I don't ever want to forget some of the amazing things in life, big or small... and writing about the events seems fitting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...