photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

2.17.2014

My Sweet Valentine

First of all, thank you so much for all your support about my Facebook page for my blog, which I mentioned in this post. It was comforting to know that so many people feel the same way I do! It is a scary thing, putting yourself out there, but I'm so grateful for all the support I have.

So...thank god I was able to see Dillon this weekend. It had only been a little over a month since I last saw him but I swear it seemed like six. We had been going through a lot which didn't make the time apart any easier. This weekend together was exactly what we needed.

I have to say though, our weekend wasn't too eventful, so I won't bother you with an exact play by play. I was wanting to do something fun and exciting. My suggestions ranged from getting a tattoo to skydiving to going on a hike. Unfortunately, since I hurt my neck I wasn't really feeling up to anything adventurous. But here are the highlights of the weekend:

Picking him up at the airport. I cannot explain the amazing feeling I get when I see him walking towards me. I get the dumbest smile on my face and the first hug and kiss is just perfect. And then his first words..."can we go get food?" Just melts my heart. ;) I even tried to curl my hair for him, but I turned out looking more like a lion.
Night out at Azian. Two of our friends from high school work there so we decided to stop by and see what it was all about. We sat at the sushi bar and had a sake-politan, which I thought was pretty good! Truth is, I actually hate sushi. I hate anything fishy. It creeps me out. But it was actually pretty cool being at the bar, and I even ate some of the sushi and didn't absolutely hate it!

Hanging out as a family. We took Tuck out of his tank and let him walk around the house a little bit. In order to not lose him we tried tying the balloon Dillon got me for our four year anniversary to him, just in case he tried crawling under a couch or something.
It didn't last very long. As soon as he started walking it slipped off and it is now hanging out on our ceiling which is too high for anyone to reach. Whoops! We also took a family photo, which I think is pretty darn cute.
Seeing Dillon's family. On Sunday we decided that we would drive up to see his mom and brother. I have to admit at first I was being a little selfish and just wanted it to be only us. But we got there and played tennis with his brother and watched the Olympics together and it was a lot of fun.

Just being together. Despite the very low-key weekend, I am just so happy we got to spend time together. We mainly spent it sleeping, watching TV, cuddling, and kissing. And I wouldn't have it any other way. The fact that we can simply hang out without needing to always be doing something shows me that I can spend the rest of my life with him.

Cheesy enough for you?? Sorry about that. ;) I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day weekend! Our presents to each other was his plane tickets, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known of that balloon idea like ten years ago. People to this day still laugh at the fact that my turtle legitimately ran away lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesy, but perfect! I'm not real big on sushi either. Although I LOVE tuna and salmon!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...