photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

2.19.2014

Ipsy Favorites

It took me a while to decide whether or not I wanted to write reviews on my ipsy glam bags I receive each month. January was my fourth month and I have been very impressed with my bags! I have decided, however, not to write a monthly review. Instead, I will make one post every few months of my favorite items I have received. My main reasoning is because everyone is different. What I like and dislike will most likely be different from what you do, but I would rather share what I like in hopes that you will like it as well, rather than sharing what I dislike and swaying you away from a product that you could actually love without my review. So here we go!

October//The Art of Beauty
Eco-Beauty Facial Cleanser Wipes - I absolutely loved these facial wipes! One reason is because, since it has been cold out, my faucet takes forever to heat up, so these were perfect for the mornings when I didn't want to waste water. They have a scent, but it was very subtle, so it didn't bother me. They are 100% biodegradable which is pretty cool, and can double as a light make-up remover. Find them here.

November//Glam It Up

Pixi Beauty Bronzer - I was kind of nervous about this because I have never used bronzer before. I didn't really know how or where to apply it (I know, that's embarrassing, what kind of girl am I?) but after looking it up I tried it out, and loved it! Since I don't have anything else to compare it to, I really can't say that this is the best bronzer ever. But I loved how it looked on me, and found myself putting it on almost daily. My color was Summertime, but it also comes in After Beach Glow and Subtly Suntouched. Find it here.

December//Glam It Up
Pop Beauty Naturally Bare Eye Shadow - So I'm actually obsessed with this color combo. It is so perfect for my skin tone; it's not too dark that I look like a raccoon when I put it on, but not too light that you can't even tell I'm wearing make up. It's just a sample pack but these three colors are perfect together. I put the gold (middle) as the base color, the grayish color (right) as the "smoky" effect on my outer corners, and then the white sheer (left) as the highlighter under my brow and in the corner of my eyes. When applied with the Mirabella Eye Blender Brush, which also came in this month's bag, it goes on and blends perfectly! Find the full size product here.
NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick - I am not a big lipstick fan. Actually, I don't think I had ever put lipstick on since my red Belle lipstick from when I was 6. And you know what happened to it? A boy who came to my mom's daycare ate it. Yes...ate it. So I was wary to try it, but I ended up loving it!! I got the Goddess color, which was so perfect. It was a very subtle shade and is true to the name, going on very creamy and beautiful. Find it here.

January//19 Reasons
Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner - Geez that's a mouthful! I have a leave in conditioner already but don't use it too much. But I was really impressed with this product. It smells really good and doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy or anything unnatural. And it definitely helps detangle my hair! Find it here.

And that is that! My five favorite products I have gotten so far from my ipsy glam bags! That's not to say I didn't like the rest of the things I have gotten. So far, there really hasn't been anything I didn't like. But these are definitely my favorite and the ones that I find myself reaching for to use again and again. And if you are interested in getting an ipsy subscription yourself, you can sign up here!! It is probably the best purchase I have made for myself.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. The conditioner sounds great. I use Pixi tinted lip balms, but haven't tried any of their other products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pixi beauty bronzer! Mine is almost done :(

    Is your POP eye shadow REALLY hard to open? Mine is. I love the colours (I got the black and grey one) but it's such a pain to open, I never use it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...