photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

1.30.2014

My Life - TGBTL

Here is the prompt: How did you picture this stage of your life when you were younger. How is it the same/different? TGBTL

Here is my answer: What?

Truthfully, as far as I can recall, I never thought too far into the future. I do remember wanting to be a maid when I was in first grade. Setting high goals for myself since '98. So, according to my six year old self, I am no where near where I thought I would be when I was older!

I do remember that I used to think 20-something-year-olds had it all put together. I am the oldest of my siblings, but my childhood friend had two older brothers and I looked up to them in awe. What do you mean he doesn't live with you anymore? He goes to college?? Who is that girl he's always with? And I figured that when I was his age, I would be just like that. I would move out, go to college, get a boyfriend, and have my life completely figured out.

Well, I did move out, I graduated college, and I have a pretty sweet boyfriend. The one thing that hasn't gone according to plan? I in no way whatsoever have it "all figured out." What does this even mean, really? Does anyone actually think they have it all figured out?? I definitely don't. And I'm okay with that. I have a full time job that doesn't fit into the norm, I live on my own with good friends, I have a boyfriend who I want to share the rest of my life with, and I have an idea of what I want to do as a career. And I wouldn't want it any other way. I have no idea where I'll be a year from now, and I'm okay with that. The future is important, but not as important as right now. And although it's not exactly how I thought it would be, I know I'm exactly where I should be.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. A maid, that made me lol! Ahh child hood dreams =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maid thing cracked me up... that's great!! And I though the same thing when I was younger, that 20-somethings had it all together. It's a totally different story now that I AM one! :) Thanks for linking up with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...