photo aboutme_zps2f69728f.png photo 30x30_zpsfaadbf03.png photo contact_zps313d3761.png

2.22.2013

Missionary Love.

OKAY. I am so beyond excited to be writing this post. It has been one I have wanted to make for a while now, but I had to wait due to reasons that will be explained. First off, no, I am not Mormon, and neither do I have a Missionary that I love. (All my love is reserved for my Airman!) However, my best friend Becca is Mormon and is currently dating Lance, her handsome Missionary who has been gone for over a year now.

A little back story: Becca and I met our freshman year at the University of Arizona. We lived in the same dorm and both had boyfriends back home, so we instantly clicked. We have now been best friends for over two years and I am so lucky to have her in my life. She understands the struggles of being in a long distance relationship, is always there when I need to talk, and we just have so much fun together!

When she asked me to help her make a video to send to her boyfriend for Valentine's Day, I was completely gung ho! She made a huge sign that on one side says "I love you Lance," and the other says "My heart is in Montana." (He is currently serving his mission in Montana.) We drove all across Tucson taking pictures and videos of her holding up the sign, dancing with it, and running around. Honestly, it was probably one of the best days I have had in a long time! 

This picture is especially adorable because 1: It's on a baseball field and he played baseball in high school, 2. She is on home plate, showing that she CANNOT wait until he comes home, and 3. She is making a heart with her feet and the base.

Please watch the whole video HERE! This is a link to her Tumblr, feel free to follow her! It is honestly the cutest video ever and I am so happy I was able to help her make it. Even though she sent it a week before Valentine's Day, he just got it yesterday because he transferred to a different city (hence me posting about this so late). But he absolutely loves it! Even though I told Dillon all about it already, I'm pretty sure she's going to help me make one for him! 

Ladies, if you are in a long distance (or "regular") relationship, I would highly recommend doing something like this! For Becca, this was all about showing Lance that she loved him and how she wanted to show it to the world. If you want to do something like this, add a little creativity to it! We went all over Tucson to places that they had been together or that just reminded her of him (DQ, Cafe Rio is a Cafe that Lance goes to a lot in Montana, baseball field, LDS Church) and some, like the ones on campus and on top of the mountain, were places she goes often or just wanted him to feel a part of. You can be totally creative with this, and it's a great way to show your love, and it's basically free!!

Leave a comment and tell me what you think, and let me know if you have done anything unique like this for your s/o!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Make sure you are not a no-reply blogger and I will respond to your (hopefully) sweet comment via email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...